VSM users can link to MuleSoft’s Anypoint Exchange to pull extensive details on APIs into their workspaces. This includes information on API design, implementation, deployment, and operation – all of which greatly extend the user’s inventory of critical data.
Of note, metadata around API ownership, lifecycles, and dependencies arrives from Anypoint Exchange into LeanIX inventories within newly-created API Fact Sheets. Direct links are available inside each API Fact Sheet to the corresponding API page in Anypoint Exchange to seamlessly navigate between the two SaaS solutions.
This gives users the opportunity to do the following:
- To automatically create API Fact Sheets and map their relations with Software Artifact Fact Sheets
- To increase API reuse by sharing the API catalog with DevOps teams
- To provide API access to non-technical stakeholders
MuleSoft + LeanIX VSM
The VSM integration with MuleSoft Anypoint Exchange is available to all joint users of the products.
MuleSoft and LeanIX provide complementary features to integrate data and applications in a secure yet scalable manner. According to the Connectivity Benchmark Report, 88% of IT organizations struggle with managing API connections during digital initiatives. As continuous transformations increase integration demands, IT and business teams can use these combined tools to efficiently design, build, and test API connections.
For MuleSoft Anypoint Exchange customers, VSM adds holistic overviews into Product IT portfolios that contextualize APIs within application and business landscapes. Engineering teams and non-technical stakeholders alike can use these overviews for faster access and reuse of APIs.
Below is a quick summary of the benefits of the two products:
- Develop and operate standardized and reliable API connections (MuleSoft)
- Publish API definitions with consistency (MuleSoft)
- Support the modernization of legacy applications (MuleSoft)
- Holistic overviews of CI/CD pipelines, source code repositories, and PaaS offerings with Kubernetes (VSM)
- Central repositories on microservices tied to ownership and business context (VSM)
- Streamlined access to APIs for technical and non-technical stakeholders (VSM)
- Intuitive, context-based diagramming options (VSM)
- Configurable visualizations to analyze APIs and promote reuse and standardization (VSM)
More information on the MuleSoft Anypoint Exchange integration can be found in the LeanIX documentation.