LeanIX offers a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) for Enterprise Architecture (EA), which enables organizations to take faster, data-driven decisions in their IT. More than 80 leading brands such as Adidas, DHL, Merck, Vodafone or Zalando use the innovative solution worldwide. Users of LeanIX gain insight how well the used technology supports the business to increase competitiveness and to strengthen innovation. LeanIX addresses the frequent problem, that the required information about the IT landscape is missing, outdated or difficult to analyze. Use cases include application rationalization, technology risk management and the shift from monolithic architectures to microservices. LeanIX was founded in 2012 by Jörg Beyer and André Christ. The company's headquarter is in Bonn, with offices in Boston, Massachusetts and Houston, Texas. A wide network of partners provides support in America, Europe and Australia.
The ideal VP Engineering of LeanIX is both an outstanding team builder and a great manager. He or she will be an excellent recruiter, a great communicator, and a great issue resolver. The VP Engineerings’s job is to make everyone in the engineering organization successful and he or she needs to fix the issues that are getting in the way of success. This role is based in our city centre office in Bonn, Germany. Our entire engineering team is based here. You'll report directly to one of our CEOs and founders.
WHAT IS WAITING FOR YOU?
- Develop strategic decisions about technology, definition, and implementation of the software products.
- Collaboratively set a technical direction with your team of developers, security engineers and devops engineers.
- Support ambitious people in their career goals, maintain our high performance and high morale.
- Be actively involved in hiring and growing our engineering team.
- Care about agility as much you care for scalability and availability. We apply continuous deployment which keeps us focused on incremental releases. Even our biggest engineering achievements roll out piece by piece, using feature toggles. Teams build a two-weekly cadence of releases.
- Drive, create and improve operational excellence, quality, security and privacy within your team and the entire engineering organization.
- Help us to evolve the culture at LeanIX.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 5+ years experience at a rapidly growing startup, or cutting edge teams at a larger tech company.
- Profound management experience, esp. hands-on experience of managing teams of more than 20 engineers.
- Hands-on technically, comfortable reviewing and writing code (onboarding will involve at least a month working as an engineer on one of our products).
- Track record of growing teams, developing people and establishing a tech culture in a company.